I am the Captain of my Soul! - Nelson Mandela

Friday 10 February 2012

I saw a beautiful movie "Invictus" a few days back and it was so mesmerizing and stunning that I could not wink my eyes, until I saw the end. The movie is inspired by a true story of South African President Nelson Mandela. One of the most loved part of the movie was a poem narrated by Nelson Mandela named, "I am the Master of my Fate; I am the Captain of my Soul"!
I am sure that you all will love it. You must Share this Post with Friends if you Like it! Thanks!


INVICTUS

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.


In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.


Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.


It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.


You can also enjoy the poem in the voice of Morgan Freeman, as narrated by Nelson Mandela in "Invictus"!
Don't forget to Share with Friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment